The Variety Reusable Instant Heat packs include 1 each of: Neck & Shoulders, Long Back, Heart, Round, and Palm. These 5 packs are reusable, they are durable enough to use every day, and they can also be used as cool packs. Click the internal disc for instant heat, or store in the refrigerator for use as a cool pack. Simply boil the packs in water for 10 to 20 minutes to recharge before using again. The 789tens Variety Reusable Instant Heat packs offer a wide range of sizes for custom-fitted warmth (or cool).
Please check out "789tens Reusable Instant Heat Packs" in our FAQ for details and help.
Dimensions, weight, and heat duration of each pack:
Neck & Shoulders = 17.0 W x 7.5 L x 0.875 H in, 1.2kg, up to 60-90mins
Long Back = 14.5 W x 5.5 L x 0.88 H in, 900g, up to 40-60mins
Heart = 4.25 W x 4.25 L x 0.75 H in, 133g, up to 35mins
Round = 3.88 W x 3.88 L x 0.75 H in, 96g, up to 35mins
Palm = 3.44 W x 3.0 L x 0.75 H in, 77g, up to 30mins
Made in China
ACTIVATING YOUR HEAT PACK:
Snap, bend, or press the metal disc until the crystals are activated (it may take more than 1 attempt, especially when the pack is brand new). When pressed correctly you will hear a clicking noise. The pack will start to change color as it begins to heat up.
After your activated heat pack cools down, it will begin to solidify. In order to reuse the pack it must be boiled in water to turn the contents back into a liquid. Depending on the size of the pack, this process normally takes between 5 to 25 minutes. Please see instructions below for boiling your reusable instant heat packs.
BOILING YOUR HEAT PACK:
1. Use a nonstick pot to boil the water. If you do not have a nonstick pot, then wrap your pack in a towel before boiling it in the pot. If the pot is not large enough to accommodate your hardened pack as-is, then fold it into thirds (or as necessary) before wrapping or placing it in the pot.
2. Fill the pot with enough water to fully submerge your pack, and bring the water to a boil. You may add the boiling water from a kettle in order to speed up the boiling process.
3. Safely place your pack in the pot. You can do this either before or as the water boils.
4. Boil your pack for at least 5-30 minutes (this does not include the time it takes for the water to heat up to a boil). Ensuring that 100% of the crystals have melted is necessary. Smaller packs should take 5-10 minutes, larger packs 15-25 minutes to melt all the crystals.
5. Turn the heat off before removing your pack from the pot. Place it on a clean and safe surface, and allow it to cool down to a safe temperature. If your pack was wrapped, then unwrap it before laying it to cool.
6. Now your pack is ready to be reactivated for instant heat, or placed in the fridge to use as a cold pack. Do not place your pack in the freezer, and it is not microwaveable.